Minnesota Criminal Defense Lawyers
Facing criminal charges? Our team is here to help.
At Brandt Criminal Defense, our team of criminal lawyers take more than three decades of combined legal experience and put it to work to provide zealous legal representation to clients in Minneapolis, MN, St. Paul, MN, and the surrounding areas. Our criminal attorneys provide aggressive representation that safeguards our clients’ rights, builds a bullet-proof defense, all of which helps put their lives back on track. We have over 30 years of experience that we put to work for our clients to thoroughly prepare their case, investigate the facts, and anticipate the prosecution’s case; this allows us to build the strongest possible defense for our clients. All of our defense attorneys are highly respected in the criminal defense field and three of them have been voted SuperLawyers or Rising Stars—an award given to less than 6% of lawyers.
The team of drug lawyers and DWI/DUI attorneys at Brandt Criminal Defense are among the top lawyers in Minnesota and have also earned the following distinctions:
Free Case Evaluation
- Michael J. Brandt is the president of the Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
- All four lawyers regularly teach continuing legal education seminars on such varying topics as forfeitures, expungements, and evidence.
- Our attorneys act as mentors for new attorneys.
- We are routinely requested by the courts to act as standby counsel on complex, difficult cases.
- Michael J Brandt is certified by the Minnesota State Bar Association as a Certified Criminal Law Specialist—a distinction given to less than 3% of criminal attorneys.
Recognized attorneys offering unparalleled representation Criminal charges call for serious representation. Whether our drug attorneys and DUI/DWI lawyers are defending our clients against harsh drug charges or DWI offenses, we approach each case with equal parts zeal and compassion. As a well-respected firm, we offer our clients the following:
- Compassion and integrity – Our drunk driving lawyers have gained the respect of our clients by listening to them, putting together a plan of attack, and carrying out that plan—whether that means litigation or negotiation. We put our clients’ interests first. Period.
- Our reputation – The attorneys at Brandt Criminal Defense have earned a reputation as leaders in the criminal defense field. We are trusted with referrals from lawyers, judges, probation officers, prosecutors and countless former clients. That reputation has resulted in Mike Brandt being recognized as a SuperLawyer for 13 years running and he has received certification by the Minnesota State Bar Association as a Criminal Law Specialist.
- Our promise to you – At Brandt Criminal Defense we don’t make outlandish promises to clients to get them to hire us. We give honest advice and what we can promise is that when we take your case, you will receive outstanding representation from beginning to end. That we will promise you.
Contact us today for any further inquiries you may have or to schedule a consultation.
Mike Brandt’s client was charged with DWI in Anoka County from April 2016. In preparing this case, Mike challenged the basis upon which the police initially stopped his client. Not only did Mike conduct a thorough investigation into the police reports, he also personally visited the area where his client was stopped and obtained photographs showing some nuances of the roadway.
Mike conducted a hearing where he argued to the judge that the stop of his client’s vehicle was illegal as there was no improper driving conduct based upon the configuration of the road. The judge agreed with Mike, ruled the stop was illegal, and threw out the license revocation.Read More
The 2016 camping/music festival/road tripping season is right around the corner! If you have access to an RV, you may have found yourself wondering, “Can I drink in the passenger area?” If your plans include a cross-country trip, you will have to do your research as “open bottle” laws vary from state to state. However, if your trip includes any time on a public road in Minnesota, the answer is simply “No.”Read More
DWI’s in Minnesota Every Day