Child Pornography Penalties in Minnesota
All penalties listed below for child pornography are the maximum penalty that can be imposed under Minnesota Law unless otherwise specified.
- Dissemination prohibited
- Felony: 7 years and/or a $10,000 fine.
- If it is a second or subsequent offense: 15 years and/or a $20,000 fine.
- Possession prohibited
- Felony: 5 years and/or a $5,000 fine.
- If it is a second or subsequent offense: 10 years and/or a $10,000 fine.
- If the violation occurs when a person is a registered predatory offender: 10 years.