Murder / Homicide Lawyer in Minneapolis & Saint Paul, MN
Have you been accused of murder in Minneapolis, MN? Do not waste any time, contact a criminal defense attorney immediately. The team at Brandt Criminal Defense has over 20 years of experience handling homicide cases.
Having a professional and experienced homicide attorney on your side is your best chance at defending your case. Knowledgeable criminal defense attorneys, like the ones at our firm, are dedicated to our clients to determine the best path forward.
Homicides include a wide range of crimes from manslaughter to murder in the first degree. There are also homicide charges relating to suicide, and murder or manslaughter of an unborn child. Below are the main types of homicide: murder and manslaughter.
There are varying degrees of murder in the state of Minnesota with coinciding consequences.
First degree murder can include:
- Death with premeditation and with intent
- Death occurs from another crime such as rape
- Robbery or arson results in the death of another
- Victim is a police officer or correctional facility officer while on duty
- Child abuse
- Domestic abuse
Second degree murder can include:
- Intent to murder another person, but not premeditated
- Unintentional Murder
- Causing death without intent while committing felony
- Causing death without intent to cause death but intentionally inflicting bodily harm while there is an order for protection
Third degree murder can include:
- No regard for human life such as providing controlled substances resulting in overdose
Manslaughter can include:
- Heat of passion provoked by words or actions of another
Vehicular homicide can include:
- Someone who causes the death of another in an auto accident due to driving while impaired
If you have been accused of any of these crimes, contact the Minnesota criminal lawyers at our firm immediately, so we can get to work researching and preparing your case.
Contact us today to schedule your free consultation at 763-421-6366.