What to Do if You’ve Been Charged with Violating an Order of Protection

If you have been charged with violating an order of protection you should do two things:

1. Contact a criminal defense attorney; and

2. Do NOT talk to the cops.

Only in extremely rare circumstances do we recommend communicating with the cops and any decision to do so should be made with the advice of counsel and with an attorney that has experience in violations of orders for protection present.


Order for Protection Information