Domestic Assault Lawyer in Minneapolis & Saint Paul, MN
Have you been accused of domestic assault in the Minneapolis, MN Twin Cities area? If so, hiring a criminal defense attorney is the best thing you can do to fight these allegations. The team at Brandt Criminal Defense have over 30 years of experience handling domestic assault allegations. We have successfully defended these charges and have secured not guilty verdicts in jury trials, dismissals, and negotiated significantly reduced charges.
Domestic assault is generally defined as:
- Causing and/or inflicting fear of imminent physical harm, bodily injury, or assault
- Against a family or household member
- Spouses and former spouses
- Parents and children
- People related by blood
- People who presently reside together or who have resided together in the past.
- People with a child in common
- People involved in a significant romantic or sexual relationship
Domestic assault can encompass a variety of actions. These actions can be physical, sexual, verbal or emotional abuse between family or household members. The possible consequences of a domestic assault conviction include jail or prison time and fines. In addition to these consequences you could also face collateral consequences if you are convicted of domestic assault. A domestic assault conviction could impact child custody or divorce proceedings, volunteer opportunities, and your ability to possess a firearm.
Let us work with you to develop a plan to protect you and your future.
Contact us today to schedule your free consultation at 763-421-6366.